Monday, January 24, 2011

Pretty Please.

Want to know what I've been coveting lately?

I'll give you a hint.

It's shiny and pretty and makes miracles happen.

and whips up cake batter beautifully. and, you can even make ice cream with it. and pasta. and sausage links. and juice. that sounds like a party, doesn't it?


Yes, how did you know?? It's a 5-Qt. KitchenAid Stand Mixer!




I promised my husband that if we can invest in one, I'll make him gingerbread cookies for life. I think he's sold.

Now I'll just patiently wait for a good sale on one of these darlings!

Oh, you wanted a gingerbread cookie? I know, you're going through Holiday Cookie Withdrawal. me too.

Here you go:



These were made from the 1999 Cook's Illustrated recipe for "Thick and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies." They're labor-intensive, and I may have broken our antique table trying to roll the dough out, but they're also truly worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment